Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THINGS I LOVE....

Last Thursday I was working at the school in the resource room. This girl that I love to work with started saying,  "I hate reading!" "I hate speech!" "I hate math!" I told her that she only hated it because it was hard for her and she promptly replied "NOT TRUE!" It became apparent that I was not being very effective.

I had an idea. We took out some papers and started to write everything that we love or like to do. It was a competition between her and I to see who could come up with the most things. What do you know? It turned her attitude around.

This is what my list looked like.

I love cookies, especially chocolate chip ones, baking, sewing, singing, playing the piano, talking with my friends, the temple, scriptures, and my family. I love to go water skiing, snow skiing, boating, swimming, fishing, rafting, pretending to surf, snorkeling, body boarding and anything else that you can do in the water. I love to give presents to little children. I love snuggling, going to the beach, watching movies, reading, listening to music, jumping on the trampoline, and swinging. I like to ride four wheelers and snowmobiles but not as much as Aaron does. I love to sit in the sun, weed my flowers, grow a garden and eat all the yummy veggies. I also really enjoy cheese cake from the Cheese Cake Factory, visiting all the wonderful people in my life, taking a long bath or sitting in the hot tub, hot chocolate, taking a bike ride or a hiking. I really love it when winter is over and summer is here. I love flip flops and shorts, swimming suits and beach towells, sun glasses and sun tans. I like to decorate and make things look cute, but only when I have the resources or the time. I love to travel and see new things and warmer places. Shopping is also my favorite and my favorite things to shop for is shoes (because they never make you feel fat). I love kindness, charity, hope and love.

As you can see my list could go on and on.

I do have to admit I wrote things that I hated at the end of my list of things that I love. I did show them to the girl I was working with. The three things were MUSHROOMS, ANCHOVIES, and PICKING ROCK.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is TERI! I just found your blog! I am so excited. Now you have someone who is readying...keep it up. My blog is www.w-familylife.blogspot.com if you didn't already know. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete